[MPlayer-users] Concern about timestamping not remaining steady.

Sara Glade saraglade at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 01:34:21 CET 2008

Hello, after performing a dumpstream to a single VOB file, I am
finding upon playback, the timecode ticker (the timing/seconds
upcounter which is displayed on the data window... next to the
A:  :), .... keeps jumping back to 0 after some minutes,
over-and-over. :(  Like it reaches 184.4 then goes back to 0....
or some random variation maybe 5 or 6 times during the 2 hour
movie.  This is wrecking some major havoc on my external SRT
(subtitles) file.  It cannot stay in sync reliably to timecodes placed
within the SRT file.  Is there -any- plausible reason why I am
having this problem, something I am doing wrong during VOB
extraction, ... or some ready solution to fix the VOB so this issue
of timing code reverting back to 0 like this doesn't happen? :-)

Have a great day & Thank you so much. :-)
best wishes, Sara.