[MPlayer-users] stop-xscreensaver doesn't work anymore

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Jan 13 20:14:00 CET 2008

Hello,
On Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 07:40:01PM +0100, Roberto Malinverni wrote:
> Is this on purpose? I know that there was recently some modification to
> the code handling the screensaver.
> It doesn't work anymore not in my ~/.mplayer/config file nor on the
> commandline, but mplayer doesn't complain about wrong options or anything
> else...

What does stop-screensaver does not work mean? Does the screensaver come
on or is it always disabled? Or is DPMS the problem?
Which screensaver do you use? Does it support the XSuspendScreensaver or
XResetScreensaver API?
If not, you must disable it some other way, either via a shell script
wrapper or the -heartbeat-cmd option. Note that this most likely means
that your screensaver is based on a fundamentally flawed concept, since
most of these methods disable the screensaver on the PC where MPlayer is
_executed_, not on the PC where the video is _displayed_ (though most of
the time those are the same).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger