[MPlayer-users] Play VCD

yh jupiter.hce at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 11:37:31 CET 2008

On 2008-01-02 12:40+0530, Yajith Ajantha Dayarathna | යජිත් අජන්ත දයාරත්න wrote:
>mplayer -cdrom-device <cdrom device> vcd://<track no>
>
>eg: mplayer -cdrom-device /dev/cdrom vcd://1
>
>Give the cdrom device path, that is mounted to /media/cdrom
>for <cdrom device>

I did following command and got an error as well:

$ mplayer -cdrom-device /media/cdrom vcd://1

Playing vcd://1.
read CDROM toc header: Inappropriate ioctl for device
Failed to get cd toc
Failed to open vcd://1.

$ ls /media/cdrom

cdda  cdi  ext  karaoke  mpegav  segment  vcd

What is my problem.

Thank you.

Jim