[MPlayer-users] Test this patch for MPEG-TS over network/dvb streams

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Feb 19 22:02:08 CET 2008

Nico Sabbi <Nicola.Sabbi <at> poste.it> writes:

> not you, I will  do
> cat sample.ts | ./mplayer -

As expected, DVB problems cannot be reproduced with dumps.

However, I tested again and it is possible that the original problems do not
change with or without your patch: If I start dvb, and "A/V:" shows a very small
negative number for the first frame (<0.1 sec), problems often arise: Many
frames are dropped, "too slow message" etc. After seeking, problems are gone.
If the original "A/V:" message shows a larger number (>0.2 sec), I don't see any
problems (as with using -cache).

Carl Eugen