[MPlayer-users] Subtitleproblem encoding OGG to MPEG2

Nico Sabbi Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it
Tue Feb 19 09:43:30 CET 2008

On Tuesday 19 February 2008 08:59:37 Rich Felker wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 08:35:19AM +0100, Nico Sabbi wrote:

> > > Seeking on hardware DVD players is a total joke anyway. That's
> > > why discs without proper chaptering are such a pain...
> > >
> > > Rich
> >
> > seeking are implemented using the time map in the IFO files;
> > it should be painless
>
> Oh you mean seeks to a specific time with the numeral keys on the
> remote? I was thinking of the ff/rev buttons, which move so
> painfully slow they're basically useless... If anything, overly
> long keyint might make them more usable. :)
>
> Rich

I mean every kind of seeking, including ff/rev, although with long
GOPs slower accelerators (such as 1x / 2x) may be problematic.
IIRC there's also somethng in MPEG12 encoding that makes GOPs longer
than 132 frames impractical  because some kind of error accumulates
so much that it destroys even P frames