[MPlayer-users] 5.1 DTS downmixed to stereo using pan filter

Avinash Meetoo avinash at noulakaz.net
Sat Dec 27 08:13:55 CET 2008

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 12:44 AM, Avinash Meetoo <avinash at noulakaz.net> wrote:
> as I understand that in DTS, the channel ordering is:
>    DTS: FC, FL, FR, SL, SR, LFE

I've extracted the six discrete channels and realised that MPlayer
uses the following ordering internally:

    FL, FR, SL, SR, FC, LFE

and, consequently, the following stereo downmix works great:

    mplayer in.wav -vc null -vo null -ao pcm:fast:file=out.wav
-channels 6 -af pan=2:1:0:0:1:1:0:0:1:0.707:0.707:1:1

I suppose the same will have to be used if the input was AC3 instead of DTS.

Avinash

--
avinash at noulakaz.net - http://www.noulakaz.net/ - (230) 493-9394

Those who fail to understand C++ are doomed to reimplement it. Better. [Jez]