[MPlayer-users] Quicktime playback on MPlayer/Linux -- Some videos play in ultra-slow-motion?

Terry Linford trrlnfrd323 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 18:37:08 CEST 2008

Hi Phil,

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 9:15 AM, Phil Rhodes <phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com> wrote:
> This is a common attitude ...

Clearly and succinctly stated.  I couldn't agree more.

1st a Linux user is told over and over to rely on the mainstream
distros.  Then, when we do, we're told to upgrade to a
trusted/reliable packager's "improved" versions. Finally, we're told
to build everything ourselves, and that anything OTHER than the
latest-n-greatest-do-it-yourself version is 'unlikely to get support'.

If I ran my business this way, nobody would ever use my products.

Thanks again for your comments.  I've got a Mac that works, and I
suppose I'll just use that unitl there's a supported product that a
"normal human" can rely on.

Terry