[MPlayer-users] Quicktime playback on MPlayer/Linux -- Some videos play in ultra-slow-motion?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun Aug 31 18:06:31 CEST 2008

Charles philip Chan wrote:

> "Terry Linford" <trrlnfrd323 at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> But the HumboldtCounty/(2) plays audio fine, but video plays as if
>> its in ultra slow motion, and completely out-of-sync with audio.
>> Its also really difficult to interrupt the playback ... I have to
>> click on 'stop' a bunch of times to cancel.
>
> Are you using Packman? Complain to them. I am using a self compiled
> current svn verion (dev-SVN-r27498-4.2.1) and the trailer plays fine.

Indeed. Very few sources of precompiled, packaged versions get support
here, and IIRC that isn't one of them.

The recommendation of the developers is to be always running the latest
SVN version (or at least within a month or two of that), compiled from
source on the machine which will be running it. The more recent the
version you're running, the better your chances of getting help and the
better the chance that any problems you report will get fixed.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.