[MPlayer-users] Switches for playing interlaced h264 ?

Håkon Alstadheim hakon at alstadheim.priv.no
Fri Aug 22 09:14:09 CEST 2008

Just for the record: -demuxer lavf is NOT the way to go with my specific
source of h264 (Norwegian dvb-t), which includes AAC audio. A working
command-line for mplayer can be had with the switch  -vfm ffmpeg.

With some filters, at least -vf pp=fd for deinterlace, or more likely
something like -vf pp=fd/fa the image is really good with hardly any
blocking. Some tweaking with audio-sync is also necessary for me, -mc 2
-autosync 30 is worth a try.

Now, with a working setup with unmodified code from svn, I'll see about
reporting some backtraces whenever I get:

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: decode_audio
ID_SIGNAL=11
- MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.

More on that another time, this weekend I'm just going to enjoy some TV
:-). Thanks everybody.

P.S: Tip for folks recording with -dumpstream: If mplayer is unable to
play the dump back, add -sb 1000000 and keep upping that number by
1000000 until you get mplayer going. There are probably switches to make
this less needed, but it'll do as a start.