[MPlayer-users] Configure Problem

Mike Giancaspro mikegian at dishmail.net
Fri Aug 1 03:55:22 CEST 2008

The Wanderer wrote:
> Mike Giancaspro wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks for your reply.  To answer your question below, yes.  It is
>> at: /lib/libXext.so.6.4.0
>>

> As I said elsewhere, what you need at compile time is not the .so file
> but the .a file - in this case, libXext.a.
>
> Also, at least on these mailing lists but preferably as a general rule,
> please do not top-post; it's a bad idea. If you don't know what it is,
> remember that Google is your friend.

The Wanderer,

Sorry for the top-post, I personally find it easier, but that's just
me.  I could be weird.  Anyway, thanks for the help.  Knowing the
library name helped me find the correct package out of the hundreds that
Fedora supplies.

Now it's on to compiling.

Thanks again.

Mike

--
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
              Adam Savage