[MPlayer-users] Newbie questions?

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 04:06:33 CEST 2008

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 11:11:11 -0700 (PDT)
Allen Fowler <allen.fowler at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is there a better place (other than this mailing list) I should go to
> for basic Mencoder usage help?

The HTML Docs are a good place to start.

> My previous, newbie level, post here don't seem to garner much of a
> response. ( "Sample command line?  (iPod/iTunes)" )

Simpler, more direct questions ("why do I get duplicate frames") are
much more likely to get a response than vague and general questions
("how do I fix everything"), especially when most issues have been
covered in the HTML Docs, the man page, FAQ, or over and over on the
list, and available to you by searching the archives.

Mencoder is slightly more appropriate venue for encoding questions, but
not a major difference.

It would help if you fixed your mailer, or use another one, so replies
maintain threading.  Not top-posting when replying would also help.