[MPlayer-users] crash in motion_est_mmx.c, backtrace included

Ariel asmplayer at dsgml.com
Fri Sep 21 21:11:01 CEST 2007

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> Ariel writes:
>
>> Command line: -fs -framedrop -softvol -softvol-max 800 -af volume=12 -ao
>> alsa -channels 6 -ni -vo xvmc:queue -vc ffmpeg12mc
>
> (This is definitely not a command line.)

OK, OK, it's the command arguments, it's what I typed on the command line.

>> If there is other information you need let me know.

> Does it happen with every MPEG2 sample you have? With some? Only with
> one sample - then please upload to incoming.

Only with samples that contain transmission errors. I snipped a section of
the file, called it: crash_with_transmission_errors_and_xvmc and uploaded
it to incoming.

> Does it only happen with -vc ffmpeg12mc or with every -vc for MPEG2? Is queue
> necessary to trigger the crash? Or, in other words, could you send the
> minimal (shortest) command line that triggers the crash?

Yes, it does require ffmpeg12mc to crash. The shortest line that causes a
crash is -vo xvmc -vc ffmpeg12mc

Thank you for your help.

 	-Ariel