[MPlayer-users] SVN compiling problem - resolved!

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 4 20:03:37 CEST 2007

Alexander Bokovikov wrote:
>John Brown wrote:
>
>>You can generate your output in a more useful format with:
>>make > make.txt 2>&1
>
>Here is it:
>http://home.bokovikov.com/mplayer/mplayer-logs.zip
>
>Could you check it?
>
>>Something has gone wrong there. If you really want to find out what, you
>>can
>>run 'bash -x make > make.txt 2>&1'.
>
>I can't do it for some reason... I've got an error:
>
>"mingw/bin/make: cannot execute binary file"
>
>What it could mean?

My mistake. That option is for running scripts, and make is not a script.
Look at the Makefile and see what it is trying to do. In my Makefile
(Jul-10-2007), I have:

# rebuild at every config.h/config.mak/Makefile change:
version.h: config.h config.mak Makefile
	./version.sh `$(CC) -dumpversion`
CC shoud be equal to gcc, so type the following at the command line:
bash -x ./version.sh `gcc -dumpversion`
and you should get a better idea about what it is trying to do. On my
system, I get the following output:

$ bash -x ./version.sh
+ test ''
++ LC_ALL=C
++ svn info
++ grep Revision
++ cut '-d ' -f2
+ svn_revision=24064
+ test 24064
+ test 24064
+ test 24064
+ NEW_REVISION='#define VERSION "dev-SVN-r24064"'
++ cat version.h
+ OLD_REVISION='#define VERSION "dev-SVN-r24064-4.2.1-sjlj"
#define MP_TITLE "MPlayer dev-SVN-r24064-4.2.1-sjlj (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer
Team"'

+ TITLE='#define MP_TITLE "MPlayer dev-SVN-r24064 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer
Team"'
+ test '#define VERSION "dev-SVN-r24064"' '!=' '#define VERSION
"dev-SVN-r24064-
4.2.1-sjlj"
#define MP_TITLE "MPlayer dev-SVN-r24064-4.2.1-sjlj (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer
Team"'

+ echo '#define VERSION "dev-SVN-r24064"'
+ echo '#define MP_TITLE "MPlayer dev-SVN-r24064 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer
Team"'

Since you are having problems, I won't try to compile the current svn right
now, although I suppose that I could easily revert to my working version.

>>1) Download and install (configure --enable-static --disable-shared
>>--prefix=<your-usual-prefix>)
>>libxml2-2.6.27
>>libxslt-1.1.20
>
>Have found them. That's OK. Though yet not installed them because of the
>below:
>
>>2) Download docbook-xml-4.1.2.
>
>The only reference I've found leads to some file "docbookx412.tgz". Is it
>what I need?

I think so.

>  Also there is a link to some "docbook stylesheets". Should I install it
>too?

I think that the stylesheets are in docbook-xsl-xxx

>>Listing only the versions that are more recent than yours:
>>libvorbis-1.2.0
>>libtheora-1.0-alpha7
>
>I had a problem with theora alpha 7. A message appears, reporting an error
>of some type redeclaration (don't remember now it exactly), which is
>originally defined in libvorbis 1.1.2. Had you any issues with libvorbis
>1.2.0 + libtheora alpha7?

Good question. If I encountered that error, I may have "fixed" it by using
#ifdef or something, but I don't remember.

>Also, (as you can see in my log, pointed above), theora and live are
>disabled for some reason. Why?

Perhaps you did not follow exactly the instructions for installing LIVE555.
It is explained here:
http://www.live555.com/mplayer/
Also from the log, I see that configure was looking for LIVE in
-Ic:/mingw/include/freetype2/liveMedia/include

As for theora, you said that you had a problem with theora, so if theora was
not built, then naturally support for theora will be disabled.

<cut>