[MPlayer-users] why my mplayer hangs?

Reimar Doeffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Oct 12 13:07:05 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 10:42:55AM +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Friday, 12 October 2007 at 11:30, YP wrote:
[...]
> > PS: answering a question with "please do upgrade" is a well known typical
> > answer I heared for years in the non-free software world...
>
> Comments like that won't make us more inclined to help you. At least with
> open-source, you don't have to pay for an upgrade, so don't sweat it.

Not to mention that nobody asks to upgrade nor does anyone ask to
install the manually built MPlayer - all that is necessary is compiling
it and running the resulting mplayer binary from the installation
directory.
The price for getting free support here is having to do some of the work
yourself. If that is asking too much, the problem can't be important
enough to be worth my time (you might be lucky and it is worth their
time for other people).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger