[MPlayer-users] Mplayer and Real Audio stream

info at danielerossi.net info at danielerossi.net
Sun Oct 7 13:20:01 CEST 2007

Álvaro G. Martínez wrote:
> One stream in particular, is not working anymore since a few weeks ago. I can
> listen it with Real Player, but mplayer keeps saying "connection timeout"
> when it tries to connect to the server.
>
> Is there any option I can try to get this stream working again?
>
> The server is ms.espectador.com, and here is an address that works with Real
> Audio and doesn't work with mplayer:
>
> rtsp://ms.espectador.com/audio/app_metafiles/dol0703261.rm
>
> Thanks in advance.

i get this error message, i have not read in your message:

(snip)
Failed to get a SDP description from URL
"rtsp://ms.espectador.com/audio/app_met
afiles/dol0703261.rm": connect() failed: No such file or directory

Exiting... (End of file)

googling for a description of SDP:

http://www.javvin.com/protocolSDP.html

i'm using
MPlayer Sherpya-SVN-r23404-4.2.0 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team
don't know if with latest svn the problem is solved.
daniele