[MPlayer-users] dumpstream ignores subtitles ?

info at danielerossi.net info at danielerossi.net
Sat Oct 6 20:19:47 CEST 2007

Abylai Ospan wrote:
> Sorry, I've made stupid mistake :)
> I want to combine (not split) video and subtitles. I'v already have
> subtitles as text (Revolution_OS.srt) ...
> Is it possible ?
> Thanks !

under windows i would use virtualdub to merge video file and srt..

otherwise try:

mencoder dvd://yourtitle -slang yourcountrycode -sid yoursubtitlenumber -ovc lavc -of mpeg (-mpegopts ... ) -oac copy -o yourfile.mpg//

//possibly directly from dvd source.
to know witch number for title, subtitle and language match your case play the dvd (mplayer dvd://) and read the message in the console!

otherwise you could dump the title you want, like f.i.:
mplayer dvd://2 -sid 0 -dumpstream
and then
mencoder -of mpeg -oac copy -o yourfile.mpg stream.dump

daniele