[MPlayer-users] Force mplayer to use video decoder for DVD?

Francois Visagie fvisagie at za.spescom.com
Thu Oct 4 08:28:34 CEST 2007

Hi Richi,

If it's for archival purposes, from a longevity point of view I'd be very
wary of doing anything non-standard to the DVD format. I'd strongly consider
remuxing the content into some other container format. Alternatively, you
could consider something like using XviD or even WMV in the DVD format which
are increasingly being supported by "appliance players" (tm).

Regards,
Francois

This e-mail is sent on the Spescom Terms and Conditions
that can be accessed by clicking on this link http://www.spescom.com/email.html