[MPlayer-users] Playing 1080p and system too slow message - audio sync

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Fri May 18 17:23:59 CEST 2007

I have an AMD 64 X2 5200+ machine trying to play pirarates_trailer1080p.mov
This machine has an nvidia 7100 DVI video card.
I am using Centos 5 and the NVIDIA 9755 drivers.
I am using alsa 1.0.13.

The audio and video are out of sync.

I tried the options it mentions on the "you system is to slow" page and
none
of those worked that great. Sure the -framedrop works but is ugly.

I certainly would have thought this system would be able to play 1080p
video.

What do I not have correct? THanks,

Jerry