[MPlayer-users] Feature request : Segment Link with Matroska

xavier souron xavier.souron at gmail.com
Fri May 18 17:04:41 CEST 2007

First of all thank you for mplayer, in my opinion it is the best player ;)

I think it would be great to have the support of segment link for matroska,
a guy on IRC (Arneb) made this :
http://www.ps-auxw.de/ordered/

"<ArneB> http://www.ps-auxw.de/ordered/ - FWIW, I made two ordered chapter
samples. One with single file, one with three linked files.
<ArneB> First edition should play "Part A", then "Part B" twice. Second
should play "Part A version 2", then "Part B" twice"

Also you can find here an example of the chapters.xml :
http://reivax2.free.fr/mkv-test/chapters.xml

What for ? To gain disk space, example :
An episode of One Piece in HD 720 = 500 mo for an episode of 23 min
The opening = 3 min
This opening is the same since the 284 and now the last episod was the 309

=> (500/23) x 3 = 65
=> 65 x ( 309-284) = 1625 mo
I let you imagine for HD 1080 ;)

It also be useful for videos with part1 and part2.

Thanks in advance