[MPlayer-users] Segfault in mplayer

qsd at rogers.com qsd at rogers.com
Sun Mar 18 02:25:10 CET 2007

Hi again,

I did some testing of my hardware (memcheck, cpu stress test, etc), and
it all checks out just fine. The cpu stays well below 35C during the
playback (Load is only 20% after all). I've also watched a bunch of
movies since my last posting, just to make sure that there isn't anything bad
going on with the OS, and it all went fine.

So once again, the segfault happens at the more or less random position
in the movie, but always in the same function (put_h264_chroma_mc4_mmx).

By know I'm fairly certain that this is the mplayer bug, but since it is
so rare, and I've already watched that movie with a different player, I
am not that concerned whether it gets resolved... However, if somebody
wants to check it out, I will gladly provide any info required.