Re: [MPlayer-users] Segmentation fault in ff_fdct_sse2

mslama at email.cz mslama at email.cz
Thu Mar 15 18:52:41 CET 2007

> Od: Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com>
> Předmět: Re: [MPlayer-users] Segmentation fault in ff_fdct_sse2
> Datum: 12.3.2007 23:25:56
> Hi,
>
> On 3/12/07, mslama at email.cz <mslama at email.cz> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just wanted to process my DV files to clean my disk but now (on
> > daily snapshot from 2007-03-12) I get this seg fault even if I disable
> > SSE2 (or even SSE2 and SSE) during configure.
> > Still ff_fdct_sse2 is called. Shouldn't mencoder use another
> > variant when SSE2 is disabled?
>
> Absolutely. What configure switches did you use to compile mplayer?

It seems more as optimization problem. It crashes when I use full optimization even when I disable SSE2
(it crashes in ff_fdct_sse2 in both cases).

When I use --enable-debug which implies lower optimization mencoder runs without crash.

So for now as it seems no solution is at sight I will use mencoder with --enable-debug for this task.

Marek