[MPlayer-users] keep getting Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.

tj 999alfred at comcast.net
Tue Mar 13 03:36:18 CET 2007

I keep getting
Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.
No matter what I do.....

I put the line:
vo_driver = "xv"
in gui.conf but I still get the error. But, I go to Preferenceas->Video
and select xv and it works . But, only for that session. Leave mplayer
and restart and it happens again. You always have to go to
Preferenceas->Video->xv to get it to play.

I also tried x11 in the config file, but no go. I have to go to
preferences screen and select x11 before it will work...

So why doesn't it start with xv in the config file....

tj