[MPlayer-users] Re: [BUG] movie-aspect autodetection failes formkv in r22325

lists at eastcheap.org lists at eastcheap.org
Tue Mar 6 07:50:22 CET 2007

On Mon, 5 Mar 2007, RC wrote:

>> Could you explain why you are using -vc xvid?
>> AFAIK, this should neither be necessary nor useful.
>
> ffodivx, for some reason I can't guess, outputs far fewer frames than it
> should from some xvid videos.

Thank goodness.  It wasn't some wierd hallucination after all. :-)

I was seeing anything up to 1% of frames going missing on occasion, but I
haven't been able to duplicate the results of my earlier tests.
Hopefully, ffmpeg is doing better these days.

"Name-brand" divx would seem to suffer from something similar (I've heard
_lots_ of complaints about choppy xvid playback from windows folks).  That
might have been divx 4, though.