[MPlayer-users] 2->6 channels pan

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Sat Jun 9 14:23:20 CEST 2007

Captain Blade wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am fairly new to mplayer, so please forgive my ignorance. :-)
> I am trying to play 2-channel audio on my 5.1 speakers. I have a VIA
> 8251 sound (Realtek ALC 655 chip).
> I read the manual (http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/advaudio.html),
> and devised that I have to pan
> my 2 channel input to 6 channel output, duplicating FL to RL, FR to RR,
> and mixing the left and right to center and subwoffer.
> By the manual, I should have 2 groups of 6 mulipliers in pan:
> mplayer 01\ -\ Yumeji.mp3 -channels 2 -af
> pan=6:1:0:1:0:0.5:0.5:0:1:0:1:0.5:0.5
> It displays "AO: [oss] 44100Hz 6ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)", but
> still plays only in FL and FR speakers.
> When I test the speakers with "AO: [oss] 44100Hz 6ch s16le (2 bytes per
> sample)", it works fine with all channels.
>
> What did I do wrong?

shouldn't this be -channels 6 ? I'm not sure about it, but something
like that is at least in my system, though I play stereo only with the
front speakers...

Still: if you use -af, can you change audio track (with #)? If breaks
mplayer any time at my system, and so I cannot browse through the
available audio channels :(

--
Cheers,
Alex