[MPlayer-users] about network streaming of mplayer

hong liu l1436636 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 8 22:14:17 CEST 2007

1) about playing back streamed content
><Carl Eugen>
>Please try current svn before reporting problems.

Thank you Carl for your recommendation. After I compile new version
of mplayer, now it is able to play rtsp://x.x.x.x/test.mp4
successfully.

2. about Saving streamed content
><Carl Eugen>
>You could try mencoder rtsp://192.168.0.1/test.mp4 -ovc copy -oac
>copy -o test_recv.avi - but only with current svn;-)

Thank you again. Your provided mencoder command works for saving
streaing content in AVI format. However It could not exit after the
streaming is over. I have to use the "kill" command to force it to
stop running. Is there another way to let mencoder stop right after
streaming session is over.

In addition, I would like confirm it from you that this video in the
avi file is in the decompressed format or compressed format.

Thank you for your help!

Hong Liu