[MPlayer-users] sending mplayer audio output to stdout

josh at techlab.cviatlanta.org josh at techlab.cviatlanta.org
Thu Jul 26 19:23:49 CEST 2007

Hi, is it possible to redirect the output of mplayer to stdout?  I need to re-encode a windows media audio stream as a
shoutcast stream, and would like to be able to do something like:
mplayer -quiet -playlist playlist.asf -ao pcm:file=-
or something similar to get audio through a pipe.  I can't use fifos for this since mplayer tends to crash if the fifo
is broken.  Any suggestions or alternative solutions would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Josh