[MPlayer-users] Subtitle crash...

Matthew elricofgrans at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 24 05:54:27 CET 2007

G'Day,

I recently updated to the latest version of mplayer on
an otherwise standard Debian Sarge install.  I have
used several versions of mplayer on this system
without problems, so I assume the trouble is related
to the new version (1rc1).

When I run any file and hit `v' (display subtitles) or
press `v', `b' or `j' (display or cycle subtitles) on
files that actually contain soft-subs then mplayer
will crash with `MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in
module: decode_video'.  Everything works perfectly
fine so long as the file has hardsubs or I choose not
to display the subtitles, for all file-types/encoders
I have tried out.  I have not tested with DVD because
this particular system does not have the hardware.

I attempted to recompile with debugging enabled, as
per the instructions, but there is a compile-time
error relating to an asm line when I do this.

What can I do to fix/help identify the cause of this
issue?

Thanks,

Matthew