[MPlayer-users] play RTP packets?

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Fri Jan 19 10:05:38 CET 2007

sergey.bryukov wrote:

>Hello! Im newbie in decoder and Mplayer.
>
>I have a set of IP packets in the file and stream configuration like below
>

>v=0
>
>o=- 1138786992980755 2 IN IP4 127.0.0.1
>
>s=NONE
>
>c=IN IP4 225.1.1.1
>
>t=0 0
>
>m=audio 5566 RTP/AVP 97
>
>a=rtpmap:97 mpeg4-generic/32000
>
>a=fmtp:97 streamtype=5; profile-level-id=15; mode=AAC-hbr; config=1290;
>SizeLength=13;IndexLength=3; IndexDeltaLength=3; Profile=1;
>
>m=video 5564 RTP/AVP 96
>
>a=rtpmap:96 H264/90000
>
>a=fmtp:96 profile-level-id=42c0XX;
>sprop-parameter-sets=Z0LADZtAoPiA,aN4liA==; packetization-mode=1;
>

>I extracted RTP and keep it into file. Besides that I've extracted NAL units
>and keep it into AnnexB format to the another file.
>
>Can I play my files with in Mplayer?
>
>Witch command line options I should use to configure MPlayer for play IP
>packets, RTP or NAL units?
>
>Thanks so much!!
>
>Sergey.

as a file only the one in bytestream format (as defined in annex B) is
playable;
as a stream:
rtp:// will play only the bytestream format
rtsp:// and sdp:// should play the stream if
- if the rtp payload is multiplexed (as in mpegts) it has to be in
bytestream format
- otherwise in raw NAL form

Confusing, eh? ;)

 Sponsor:
 Scopri RIS il sistema di ricarica infinita. Meglio delle cartucce, meglio degli inchiostri, economico, facile da installare e da utilizzare, solo su refill.it
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=5191&d=19-1