[MPlayer-users] gl/g2 don't work well with -wid in windows

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Feb 21 12:24:49 CET 2007

Hello,
On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 06:19:06PM +0100, Pepe wrote:
[...]
> I've made a special version of smplayer. Instead of a normal QWidget I used a
> QGLWidget. I tested a little bit. On startup it shows garbage in the
> background (don't know how to clear it). gl and gl2 works (display image),
> directx does not. (And the aspect ratio options in my program seems to not
> work well). Could you test if it works for you?

I tested, it doesn't help. Further testing revealed that the 91.73
revision of the NVidia drivers can not draw onto windows that are owned
by another process.
Disabling hardware acceleration completely makes it work though.

> Now it works better. When I resize the window, the video resizes too, but
> sometimes some strange lines or blocks appear on the borders. Screenshots:
> http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/cec4303053.jpg
> http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/125db2d553.jpg
>
> The big problem is when I maximize the window (or go to fullscreen):
> http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/0bc708d6bc.jpg
>
> And after returning to window mode:
> http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/1805bb36d3.jpg

None of these were reproducible when I disabled hardware acceleration,
only problem was that it was very slow.
I have the feeling that we hit a whole nest of driver bugs here...
(actually I am not sure in how far it is supposed to work, and if the
Windows graphics stuff is actually thread-safe at all, but the fact that
disabled hardware acceleration makes it work for me sure looks like a
bug).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger