[MPlayer-users] gl/g2 don't work well with -wid in windows

Pepe rvm3000 at ya.com
Tue Feb 20 23:17:27 CET 2007

El Martes, 20 de Febrero de 2007 19:09, Reimar Döffinger escribió:
> Hello,
> On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 06:19:06PM +0100, Pepe wrote:
> [...]
>
> > Compiling mplayer in Windows is very very hard, but finally I managed to
> > do it and I could test your patch.
>
> I could have uploaded mine if I had known it. Once everything is set up
> compiling IMO is very simple, so I hardly ever notice the hassle.

I doesn't matter. It's something that I wanted to do since sometime ago. No,
in fact the compiling part is the easiest. It's just that previously there
are a lot of packages to install. In linux it's easier thanks to apt and
similar tools.

> > Now it works better. When I resize the window, the video resizes too, but
> > sometimes some strange lines or blocks appear on the borders.
> > Screenshots: http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/cec4303053.jpg
> > http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/125db2d553.jpg
>
> directx seems to draw over the whole window, including title bar and
> borders as long as they have the right color. gl will only draw on the
> client rectangle. Maybe that is the issue? IIRC you use a normal window
> with borders and everything embedded into your window and hidden or so?

No, the window that I use has no borders at all. I'll explain a little better.
There are two layers (none of them have borders). The first layer is just a
black background. The second layer, which is the window I pass to mplayer
through -wid, is where the video appears. This layer is resized and moved
accordingly over the background layer to keep the aspect ratio. The
background layer acts as black border.

> > The big problem is when I maximize the window (or go to fullscreen):
> > http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/0bc708d6bc.jpg
>
> Fullscreen with directx is a hack, it uses it's own window if you use
> vo_fullscreen command.
> For gl, except for a possible bug, the fullscreen command should have no
> effect at all.
> You could try not sending the command and making sure your client window
> gets correctly sized on fullscreen.
> Note also that leaving borders for aspect is currently not supported in
> -vo gl with -wid. Shouldn't be hard, the most difficult part being to
> come up with a sane behaviour.

I forgot to mention that I'm not using vo_fullscreen. In fullscreen mode I
just detach the two layers mentioned before from the main window and resize
to fill the whole screen.

--
Pepe