[MPlayer-users] mplayer : Your system is too SLOW to play this!

mail at kraymer.de mail at kraymer.de
Mon Feb 5 14:20:18 CET 2007

> Hi,
>   I'm trying to compile mplayer for Solaris 10 x86 so I can play DVDs
>   in
> fullscreen mode.
>
> [..]
> My system has a Nvidia GeForce 5500 256MB graphics card.
> I've attached some output logs from the compile as a tar file if you
> want to see the mplayer compile.
> I also found this post
> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2006-November/064072.html
> which suggests I should have -vo vx as a command line option, but the
> configure output (in the attached tar file) shows it was a disabled
> optional driver.
>
> Can someone tell me if I need to add libXv-dev from somewhere? or how I
> can get full screen DVD working with reasonable performance?

Having the Xv driver is always a good thing. And yes, you'll need the Xv
dev sources. MPlayer's documentation is your friend:Read http://www5.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/softreq.html and
http://www5.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/output-trad.html#xv .
But I'm not sure if that will solve your problem. Depending on your
machine the x11 driver should be fast enough to play a dvd anyway. Be sure
it isn't gmplayer's fault and try with mplayer on the command line.

> Also can someone tell me how to reply to this thread
> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2006-November/064072.html
> as I'm a total newbie at this and I don't seem to have a news program?

Go here: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.user
and use the follow-up feature.

Good luck,

Sebastian