[MPlayer-users] 16:9 > 4:3 ??

Ant Lamp ant.lamp at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 27 13:35:30 CET 2007

> What is command to stretch a letterbox video to fill a 4:3 frame
> perspective?

>> See -panscan in the man page, or you can use -vf crop with the proper
>> dimentions (selected manually).

> can this be applied to -dumpstream? :-)

>> To make any changes to the video you have to reencode it.

I'm sorry maybe I wasn't clear in my description.  I need to take a letterbox video with black bars on top and bottom, and make it so when I go full screen those bars don't exist... or in other words, stretch the video so it fills the entire MPLAYER window, -- regardless of what size it is I guess you can say.

I didn't understand fully, I hope with this group a demonstration can be shows how to make this happen.  Can this be done on the stock video without re-encoding it first, to just play it? :)