[MPlayer-users] 16:9 > 4:3 ??

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Dec 27 14:56:59 CET 2007

Ant Lamp wrote:

>>> What is command to stretch a letterbox video to fill a 4:3 frame
>>> perspective?
>>
>> See -panscan in the man page, or you can use -vf crop with the
>> proper dimentions (selected manually).
>>
>>> can this be applied to -dumpstream? :-)
>>
>> To make any changes to the video you have to reencode it.
>
> I'm sorry maybe I wasn't clear in my description.  I need to take a
> letterbox video with black bars on top and bottom, and make it so
> when I go full screen those bars don't exist... or in other words,
> stretch the video so it fills the entire MPLAYER window, --
> regardless of what size it is I guess you can say.

This is the job of -vf crop, as RC mentioned; you can read in the man
page, and having read about it you can experiment and learn what works
in your situation..

> I didn't understand fully, I hope with this group a demonstration can
> be shows how to make this happen.  Can this be done on the stock
> video without re-encoding it first, to just play it? :)

Yes, it can; -vf crop works just as well with MPlayer as with MEncoder.

Also: please fix your mailer. The number of '>' angle brackets before a
quoted line should match the number of times that line has been quoted;
in the message to which I am replying, the lines quoted from RC (from
the immediately previous message) had three of them but had only been
quoted once.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.