[MPlayer-users] mplayer and mp4 and SEEK +/-10

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 15:04:28 CET 2007

Adam Sulmicki pisze:

> hello, I'm having trouble with SEEK +/- 10 (or any seek for that
> matter) not working with mp4. details are as follows:

> You can grab the above mpeg from here:

> http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/the_teacher/tea.mp4

> The question is, can someone confirm that the seek problem is not
> related to my specific setup but it is some general problem with h264
> video and mplayer?

It couldn't be seek in Totem too and it's problematic in VLC

> Any idea how to fix it?
>
> I need to be able to seek this video backwards and forwards in 10
> seconds increments. I have tried :
>
> mencoder fruit.mp4 -o fruit.avi -ovc lavc -oac lavc

Recompresion only.

mencoder tea.mp4 -ovc lavc -oac lavc -lavcopts
acodec=wmav2:vcodec=wmv2:keyint=25 -mc 0 -noskip -o test.avi

it's curucial that when using internal video codec to use internal audio
codec as well, so it couldn't be "vcodec=mpeg4" and "acodec=libmp3lame"
because it provides audio sync problems.

> BTW: I'm under impression that streams 0.2 and 0.3 are subtitles. Does
> mplayer supports those?

They are not or they are broken.

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski