[MPlayer-users] MPlayer blank after resuming from suspend

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 02:56:37 CET 2007

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 18:02:26 -0500
Thomas Ruedas <ruedas at dtm.ciw.edu> wrote:

> At first, the resulting movie showed flawlessly when I viewed it with
> MPlayer, but after having suspended my laptop overnight to disk and
> resumed today, the MPlayer window is empty.

Sounds like a problem with the videocard drivers.  You can try using
other video players like ffplay, xine, vlc, or whatever else, and
confirm that they all have the same problem with xv after you resume
from suspend.

As a workaround, you can try x11 or gl output instead.  -vo x11 will be
very slow, and '-vo gl -dr' may or may not be.  See the man page for gl
options.  If you're willing to run MPlayer as root, xvidix may also
work.