[MPlayer-users] Problem playing DVD movie, quality issue -- can expert help?

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 9 19:06:43 CET 2007

Sara Glade wrote:

>>> man mplayer, aka RTFM
>>>

> Say what?
>

> Ok, I already did read it prior to posting and maybe someone can provide a more thoughtful response..... that would be great.
>
> See cut and pasted section below directly from nice manual,
>
> 14.1.6 Filtering...

The MPlayer documentation comes in two parts:

1) The manual page, which can be accessed by typing
   'man mplayer'  (on Linux. As a Windows user, you don't have
   the 'man' command, so this would not work for you, although
   there is a way to install man for Windows.) This document
   contains a detailed list of all commands and options supported
   by  MPlayer and MEncoder.

2) The HTML documentation, which is what you were reading.
   This document contains higher-level information. The details
   that you are looking for are in the manual page.

You can download both documents at the MPlayer home page.
Just follow the "Documentation" link.