[MPlayer-users] mencoder and .vob files question

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Dec 5 00:54:55 CET 2007

Sara Glade wrote:

> -dumpstream, ... is that a valid mencoder.exe switch?

No, it's an MPlayer option.

> How do I extract a VOB file on a DVD to a VOB file on my HD?

You might consider browsing the DVD and copying the file directly.
(There are tools out there which will also copy the index, subtitle and
info files, which are necessary for some features of the DVD, but that
isn't what you asked about.) No transcoding necessary, and so no quality
loss; you should get just as good results playing the VOB from your hard
drive as you would playing the same VOB from the DVD, no better and no
worse.

Also: please do not top-post.

--
       The Wanderer