[MPlayer-users] How do I configure internal dvdnav support when creating a Debian package?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Dec 3 13:51:54 CET 2007

Hi!

Pedro A ARANDA <paaguti <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> I would like to know what configure param enables the use of the internal
> dvdnav support, which I understand has been integrated into MPLayer.

Lets try again:
dvdnav is supported by MPlayer, but not internally, but externally (through the
library libdvdnav). To use this feature, you first have to install libdvdnav -
you can download it here: http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/dvdnav/
If libdvdnav was installed correctly, MPlayers configure will find it and
activate its (internal) support for the (external) library - no configure
switches or parameters are (read: should be, bug reports welcome) needed if you
installed the library to /usr or /usr/local.

Carl Eugen

PS: Since it seems neither Nico nor I understand what your problems with MPEG
files and/or xv are, try to explain again: Tell us what works and what doesn't
work and don't draw to many conclusions (like "MPEG playback does not work in
MPlayer rc2").

PPS: You are still breaking threads. Do everybody else on this list (I don't
care) a favour and try gmane if you can't fix your mail client:
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.user