[MPlayer-users] R: xv-fs doesn't take up all the available screen size

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Mon Aug 27 09:31:53 CEST 2007

Alberto Mardegan wrote:
> ext Roberto Malinverni wrote:
>> Maybe it's a dumb question, but is the aspect ratio of your movie right?
>> If I play a 4:3 movie on my widescreen monitor, I get black bars at each
>> side - and, since the monitor in 16:10, I get black bars on top and on
>> bottom even when I play 16:9 video.
>
> No, it's not related to aspect ratio; I've tried with several movies
> with different aspect ratios, and they all have the same problem: when
> scaled to fullscreen, they never get beyond 1280 horizontal resolution.
> And anyway, "mplayer -vo sdl" works perfectly, so it must be some issue
> with XV.
>
> Ciao,
>    Alberto

Do you have some multiscreen setup or TV-Out or whatever? On my system,
I have a TV-Out active, and since this setup XV on fullscreen only plays
at 1024x768 pixels. Seems to me that XV gets its dimensions either from
the smallest available screen or from the first available screen (and
doesn't bother to search for more)

--
cheers,
Alex