[MPlayer-users] Improved New Edge-Directed Interpolation

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 22:01:49 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 8/11/07, Nikolaj Poroshin <porosh3 at psu.ru> wrote:

> Here's another picture (take a note on those looong straps ;-) )
> http://s1.imgdb.ru/2007-08/11/j0-PNG_bdb3ro2r.png
> http://s1.imgdb.ru/2007-08/11/j-lanc-PNG_5sf8q79d.png
> http://s1.imgdb.ru/2007-08/11/j-inedi-PNG_xxq7kano.png

Good thing that you point out to the straps because these pictures
could look like boobs enlargement advertisement. ;-)

> So, I'm thinking - could it be something for mplayer/etc or don't bother about
> it?
> Pls say that you think? Maybe you have another good real picture to test, on
> which lancroz3 upscale produces noticeable artifacts?

These examples do show that the new upscaling algo looks better IMHO.

As I said previously, if you want to get this new upscaling algorithm
implemented in MPlayer, start hitting the keyboard now! :)

Guillaume
--
A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.
 -- Napoleon Bonaparte