[MPlayer-users] Re: -vo xv with bpp 16 unsupported?

Robert Henney robh at rut.org
Wed Apr 11 19:53:59 CEST 2007

> Of course, if you're not using DRI, you could enable the TexturedVideo option
> (Option "TexturedVideo" "1" in the card's Device section) to use the MGA's
> texture engine instead of the video overlay engine for video playback. That
> will give you a bigger Xv surface (2048x2048 instead of 1024x1024, IIRC).

I tried this and the result was interesting.  using the texture engine
for xvideo one unreleated minor issue I had been seeing disappeared; I
run my desktop at a high res which forces some hardware on the card
that's responsible for the overlay to clock faster than it's max spec,
which results in a small amount of image distortion usually in the form
of flickering horizontal lines near the right side of the image.  with
the texture engine enabled, that issue wasn't present.  however, the
texture engine does not appear to provide double-buffering, so tearing
was quite visible.