[MPlayer-users] Re: -vo xv with bpp 16 unsupported?

Stephen Mollett molletts at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 11 00:20:19 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 10 Apr 2007, Robert Henney wrote:
> removing the DRI module results in 1280 * 2252 * 2 of memory left ... now
> mplayer plays fine with xv without having to scale the video down. :)

Of course, if you're not using DRI, you could enable the TexturedVideo option
(Option "TexturedVideo" "1" in the card's Device section) to use the MGA's
texture engine instead of the video overlay engine for video playback. That
will give you a bigger Xv surface (2048x2048 instead of 1024x1024, IIRC).

I was able to play HD content on my old G400 (within the limitations of my
Athlon XP 3200+ CPU) with that option whereas it wasn't possible using the
default overlay engine because the video image was bigger than the card could
handle.

Stephen