[MPlayer-users] Any developer here ???

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Wed Sep 27 01:05:59 CEST 2006

Christian Tsotras wrote:
> Hi, everybody.
>
> Looks like this list is only for easy problems solved amongst mplayer users.
> No developers here.

No, there are some developers; you just happen to have an unpopular
problem. I'm sorry.

> Is there a developer here that can at least aknowledge that mplayer can't or
> won't never be able to read multipart WMV9 streaming ?

All it takes is somebody to provide a fix. MPlayer developers never
refuse a feature that is implemented sanely, but we don't have the
resources to do all the work ourselves. Maintaining our lives is a
higher priority than maintaining mplayer, so we have to allocate
ourselves according to our abilities and the time we have available.

Are you familiar with any packet-sniffing programs like Ethereal (I
mean, uh, now they call it Wireshark)? If you can take a look at the
conversations between WMP<--->server and mplayer<--->server, you might
be able to get a better grasp of what is going on. Providing such
information might make a developer more likely to write a patch.

-Corey