[MPlayer-users] Upconverting?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Sep 21 01:02:10 CEST 2006

Grant wrote:

>>> MPlayer still lacks "fairies" support to invent the pixels in
>>> between, needed to get a truly HD picture.
>>
>> Just get latest SVN and recompile with:
>>
>> --enable-fairies
>>
>> Then try adding -vf fscale=1600:1200 (or any other resolution you
>> might desire) to your command line.
>
> Gentoo's latest mplayer ebuild is apparently an SVN snapshot from
> 08/10/2006 and doesn't seem to include a fairies USE flag for
> compilation.  Was fairies support added after that date, or is the
> ebuild missing a USE flag?

Uhh...

In case you're actually being serious: that was sarcasm.

The whole point of the "fairies" bit was to emphasize that "to do what
you're asking for would require magic". (Or at least a reasonable
facsimile.)

(Since I've been on another run of mistaken posts lately in various
fora, I've just checked to be sure I haven't accidentally slipped into a
parallel universe where such an option *does* exist; latest SVN
configure does not contain the string "fairies".)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.