[MPlayer-users] Optimization for a slow CPU

Rick rick at rabidrick.com
Sun Sep 10 03:23:32 CEST 2006

Hey -- by chance have you gotten it to work in bash without xserver?

I've changed the conf file to the same as my X11 conf as far as monitor
v/h sync and res.  I even compiled the svga binary that was recommended
in their help files and did make device (/dev/svga) and when I ran
mplayer -vo svga the resulting movie looked horrible.  I think it's
just a driver issue or something but I'm a noob and could be wrong --
what could I be missing?  I don't think there's a way to run the ati
drivers right from bash, is there?  I read something on their help that
talked about manually loading a driver though vidix, but that it could
harm your system...  but they're compiled in my kernel so shouldn't it
see it?

I know it might seem kind of lame but I can't get the HQ stuff to pass
through X.  I would love it if I could turn this old AMD K6-2 into
something I could use, otherwise I need to buy a new system and I am
poor =P

....or maybe I'm stating the obvious?  O.K., this has the symptoms of
every driver problem I've had in the past.  Just would be nice if I
could get it to work with this card.

Thanks in advance -- for anything :)

-- Rick