[MPlayer-users] Re: Full screen mode isn't actually full screen

Anssi Saari anssi.saari at modeemi.fi
Sat Sep 2 07:02:03 CEST 2006

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 04:21:55PM -0700, Corey Hickey wrote:

> Why are you guys all talking about GL? Did I miss some email that said
> xv wasn't working? Is xv known not to work on Radeon 9200 cards?

There's this thing about the ATI drivers (fglrx). If you enable 3D
acceleration, Xv goes. I don't know if it's still valid with current
drivers, but my old XF86Config has this comment among the generated
settings:

# Note: When OpenGL Overlay is enabled, Video Overlay
#       will be disabled automatically

Video Overlay means Xv, of course.