SVN build fails on OSX (was Re: : [MPlayer-users] MPlayer CVS Build Fails on Quartz)

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Oct 7 14:19:27 CEST 2006

Robert La Ferla wrote:

> I also can't build mplayer on OS X (Tiger 10.4.8 Intel) but from the
>  subversion trunk:
>
> pe_image.c: In function 'fixup_imports':
> pe_image.c:315: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of
> 'LookupExternalByName' differ in signedness
> pe_image.c:336: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of
> 'LookupExternalByName' differ in signedness
> make[1]: *** [pe_image.o] Error 1
> make: *** [loader/libloader.a] Error 2

This is not enough information. The first three lines are warnings, not
errors; I get them all the time in my own compiles, and they never
prevent make from producing a proper binary. Earlier in the same build,
there must have been an actual error produced which caused make to fail.

The correct procedure for deciding what messages to copy when reporting
a build problem is:

Run configure.

Run make, and wait until it fails.

Without changing any files in the tree by any means, run make again.
This time, copy out all of its output except the parts which are only
about changing directories before the error happens.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.