[MPlayer-users] Re: Re: 2:3 pulldown from 29.970 fps source

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Thu Nov 23 00:37:46 CET 2006

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 18:16:10 -0500
T <mlist4suntong at yahoo.com> wrote:

> >  -mc 0 is probably causing the error message in question.  I would
> > guess that's, because your input isn't 30fps.
>
> I doubt that, my thinking is that -vf telecine is trying to put more
> video packets in, it works well for 23.976 fps source but not 29.970
> fps ones.

I did in-fact mean 24fps, not 30 as I typed.

> hmm... I have vrc_maxrate=3600:vbitrate=3000, abitrate=224, which is
> what I got, what do you mean I haven't set ANY bitrate?

You're right.  In your posted command-line, vbitrate was at the end of
the line and wrapped around, so I missed it.

Still, the bitrate you set should be the one you get, no matter WHAT is
going on with the video.  It isn't affected by just about anything, so
that is a symptom of some other problem.