[MPlayer-users] dts in libavcodec not working

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Fri Nov 17 15:45:00 CET 2006

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 11:33:34PM -0800, khayos wrote:
> >> I've been fighting off and on with libdts for awhile now, and have put
> >> in some concentrated time on it for the last four hours or so because
> >> I have a DVD rental (Sin City) which requires it.
> >
> >Really? I'll bet there are AC3 tracks as well. Try using -aid 128, -aid
> >129, etc. With some DVDs, mplayer defaults to the DTS track, but I
> >haven't run across any yet that have DTS only.
>
> There is an AC3 track, but it also produced no audio output, and
> included in the mplayer output: "Audio: no sound".  I tried that early
> on in the process just in case.

Assuming you have builtin support for ac3 and dts (and it looks like you have),
There is no reason for having "Audio: no sound" when you play an ac3
or dts track.

Post the exact command line of mplayer you are using that gives "Audio: no sound"

Also run the same command line with the option -msglevel demuxer=6:open=6
and post the complete output of mplayer.

Giacomo