[MPlayer-users] Question about syncing a/v during playback of VDR recordings.

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Fri Nov 3 19:45:33 CET 2006

On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 07:55:49 -0800
"VDR User" <user.vdr at gmail.com> wrote:

> You "playback" the "recording".  I guess I could have worded it
> differently but honestly, common sense should have stopped any
> confusion.

"recording playback" could mean anything from playback while recording,
to recording something being played back (by some external source).  Or
other possible combinations...

> Mplayer & VDR don't have anything to do with each other, which is
> obvious.

It is?  I don't know the internals of VDR, it could well be invoking
MPlayer for capture and/or playback, as many other applications do.  And
with a quick search I found some sort of MPlayer plugin for VDR.

> Although your reply seemed to be a little patronizing, I thank for you
> it none-the-less.

It's just what I do... :-)